Saturday, June 10, 2017

VBS 2017 Crafts

Corinne and I also teamed up to do the crafts for VBS.  I had this vision that I would have tons of cool pictures and would be able to capture all the craft days for the blog.  But truth to be told, I was so busy having fun with the kids that I forgot half the time to take the pictures!  I think it is a toss up if the kid had more fun than me at VBS.  I was truly blessed to see these kids learn about Jesus and hear them recite the stories/verses of the bible. Maybe next year, I will have someone take pictures for me! :)

Day 1: Jesus Speaks in Parables

Craft: Digging for Treasure Prayer Journal with decoder wheel.  Some days we had them decode a message  that went along with the crafts.



Day 2: The Sower Sows the word

Craft: Decorating the "face cup" then planted some flowers.  So when the flowers grow it looks like hair!




Day 3: Mustard Seed the smallest of seeds but produces the biggest trees with branches.

Craft:  Created a mustard seed necklace.


Day 4: Lost Sheep -  There is much rejoicing when a sinner repents.

Crafts:  Created a sheep puppet.




Here is the room we held the craft classes, I loved going there for those 4 days and getting to know the kids and have them excited to come and craft and hear them say "What are we doing today?".  I also had the opportunity to meet Angela who was with me and together we taught the crafts and helped the kids understand the parables and how to put the crafts together.


We had 3 classes we taught each day.  These are the feet of each class.  These little feet are our future and it is our responsibility to plant the seed of Jesus and let God do the rest.

Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6






No comments:

Post a Comment